Saturday, May 14, 2011

Patience

I think I've said it before but, patience is overrated.

C and I have been super positive this go around and were very excited to find a great donor in Thailand. We ended up having 17 embryos, which is awesome. The transfer happened just over two weeks ago and this morning we woke up to an email saying that the blood test came back negative.

We're not going to be massively upset as we've been through this so many times before. But, wtf? Does this really need to be this complicated? And do we really have such bad luck? I guess my biggest question is, is there something we should be doing or asking to up the probability that one of these embryos will take? Or is it truly just luck?

I felt like we had a really good chance this time. And we still have a good amount of embryos so we're not giving up. But shit. Throw us a bone.

Ok, done venting. Going to move on with the weekend and keep our fingers crossed for next time. Next transfer is in three or four weeks.


6 comments:

  1. Sorry guys! It hurts every time.
    Do they keep trying with the same surrogate? Maybe swith it up? We tried twice with the same woman only to find out later thar her lining didn't get thicker than 6mm both times. Had we been told that about the first attempt we would have requested to try with a different woman as there was like zero chance with a lining that thin.
    2011 is the year for us all. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Negatives suck! We had 6 negatives and then one positive. It can take time and it will wear you out. Thinking of you! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Kerrie summed it up. Negatives suck. No, your not doing anything wrong and it isn't your fault. Your also not alone. The blogs are full of positives because the people who get negatives usually stop blogging. Mostly the results just come down to chance however other factors such as the grade of the embryos, the stage (how many days), the number of embryos transferred and the quality of the surrogates lining all come into play. I'm so sorry it has been such a rough journey but please don't give up if you really want a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am so sorry to read your news! We also just got an email from Anjani with the sad news that our surrogate is not pregnant! Now I have to decide if I want to try my own eggs again in India or try a donor! This really does stink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys. The words of encouragement are awesome. I really have a good feeling this go around, with this donor. It didn't work the first time, but we're looking forward to try number two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys, I've been doing some back-reading on your blog and I have to say that this post made my heart sink, just as it did when we had been trying for so long and it wasn't working (http://dougandbill.blogspot.com/2011/04/period-yuck.html)
    It's good to know that nearly a year later you are still trying. Take care.

    ReplyDelete